Star Wars: Rogue One- New Details and Synopsis Revealed
When Disney originally bought Star Wars, one thing they told us was that there would be spin-off movies coming out along with the Episodes, making it that we'd get a new Star Wars movie every year. With Episode VII coming later this year and Episode VIII in 2017, a spin-off is confirmed for summer of 2016. The film is titled Star Wars: Rogue One and will be directed by Gareth Edwards and will star Felicity Jones. Outside of that, we knew barely anything about the movie, until now.
During Star Wars Celebration, details about the film was released, along with a short teaser. While the teaser has not been put online, the details about the movie have been. Based on reports coming out of Star Wars Celebration, these are the facts revealed about Rogue One:
- Rogue One has an official synopsis: "A band of resistance fighters united for a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans", which was heavily rumored before
- Felicity Jones will play a Rebel soldier
- The film takes place between Episodes III and IV, but closer to the events of IV
- The script is written by Gary Whitta and Chris Weitz
- There are no Jedi in the film. Edwards said "It comes down to a group of individuals that don't have magic powers, that have to bring hope to the galaxy"
- The movie will play out like a war thriller
- Production on Rogue One begins this summer
Rogue One logo revealed at Celebration
This is all very interesting. For the longest time, the rumor was that the first spin-off who be about a group of bounty hunters who try to steal the plans for the original Death Star, which leads into the events of A New Hope. However, when Rogue One was revealed to be the title, it confused a lot of people. Now it seems that there are no bounty hunters, but the Rogue Squad are the ones stealing the plans. I really want to see the teaser, but I doubt it will be put online. The film is still over a year out, and they haven't begun truly filming yet, so it's probably stock footage or concept art put together to make a teaser.
What I find really interesting is that the spin-offs are being called "anthologies". I didn't expect it to be directly called "Star Wars Spin-Off", but I thought it would simply be Star Wars: Rogue One. I could understand having "anthology" in there to differentiate from episodes and spin-offs, but I wonder if has some bigger meaning than just that. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
What do you think? Do you like the direction Star Wars: Rogue One is taking? Are you looking forward to the film? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
Email us your movie questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter @movieparadise99